Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Week in WoW Episode 1.

Notes to go with my audio submission for Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 246.

Did a race change from Orc to Goblin.
Saulius was always meant to be a Goblin the only reason I chose an Orc was because I wasn’t willing to buy all the expansions at once when I started playing on the US realms.



I think the Goblin racials (listed below) are probably the best in the game, they are all useful to me, particularly 'Better Living through Chemistry' because I always planned to level Alchemy (and engineering) on Saulius, and 'Time is Money' for faster attack and casting speed.

List of goblin racials;
  • Rocket Jump (2 min cooldown, shared with Rocket Barrage) - Activates your rocket belt to jump forward. This ability is on the global cooldown.
  • Rocket Barrage (2 min cooldown, shared with Rocket Jump) - Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing X-Y fire damage (24-30 at level 1; 1654-2020 at level 80). This ability is on the global cooldown.
  • Time is Money (passive) - Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.
  • Best Deals Anywhere (passive) - Always receive the best discount regardless of faction standing.
  • Pack Hobgoblin (30 min cooldown) - Calls in your personal servant, allowing you bank access for 1 min.
  • Better Living through Chemistry (passive) - Alchemy skill increased by 15.

Reached level 75 on Saulius.
Did most of my levelling using the dungeon finder, healing random dungeons. I was getting 12 justice points per run at first but there is a weekly cap so after the first 7 you get gold instead. This was a surprise because I didn’t think the weekly caps kicked in till max level.

I did 32 out of 105 of the quests required for the 'I've toured the Fjord' questing achievement so it looks like I may level from 70 to 80 mainly in random dungeons and only quest in one zone, much like I did levelling from 60 to 70.

Levelled archaeology to 70 on Saulius.
Tried archaeology for the first time, Thought it was fun! I completed 5 common artifacts and one rare. The rare artifact was called 'Druid and Priest Statue Set' which has an on use effect which is like a cross between a moonbeam and a druidic aura. The effect is purely visual.



While I was levelling archaeology we got the 'Making History' guild achievement.

Created a Blood Elf Death Knight called Alysius.
I plan to use this character to create a personal guild bank, also to level the Tailoring and Enchanting professions.

Get well soon Eljeppy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment